Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where Were You in 1983?

**Editors' Note: Today's guest post comes in from a gal who said she loves DIW. Glad someone is actually reading this trash..**

I'm 23 and the guy I'm dating is 36. Despite the thirteen year age gap, we get along really well and have a lot in common... Aside from our memories associated with music from before about 2005.

The other day we were playing cards and drinking wine at his place, and he had a 90s station playing on the satellite radio. A song came on from 1996, and I told him how it reminded me being at Girl Scout Camp in third grade. A look of horror came over his face as he realized that while I was selling cookies and earning my Brownie Try-It badges, he was 23 and divorcing his first wife.

We switched the station to some current indie rock, and silently agreed not to tell stories from our childhood anymore.

2 comments:

Esa Traviesa said...

i was 10 years away from being born

Serial Monogamist said...

Awwwwwww yeah, DIW. You gots 14 year old readers. Booyeah!