Monday, November 9, 2009

Sniffle

OK, so being sick sucks. But when you're in a new relationship, it's a wonderful litmus test. The first time you're stuck in bed, feeling miserable, achey, smelly and like maybe you'd like the rest of the world to go ahead and fuck off and die, and then Mr. Lovely shows up with 7-up and pudding cups, then sits on your bedside rubbing your back for a minute before loading up your bed with pillows, and setting up your laptop with his hard drive full of mindless movies? It's kind of kickass.

And if he gets sick a day later, and you get to return the favor, and make him soup and rub his back and clean up the nasty tissues and act like you couldn't care in the least? It's satisfying -- NOT, of course, that you don't feel awful that he's sick, especially since you know where he got the cooties in the first place.

Now, you've probably seen this, hell, I've probably posted it here before, but I like watching this come flu season:

4 comments:

Shiny Rod said...

You mean to tell me all I needed was a bell and women would come to my beckoning call? Mommy, why didn't you tell me? Jeez, what and F'n drama queen...LMAO

The Duke of Ted said...

I just came down with a man cold... I can't seem to find my bell anywhere though...

Anonymous said...

Junk. Would be good to have fewer banal videos, less long-winded advice and more dating stories.

Floral Joy said...

Hey I like this post a lot. It sucks whenever any of us get sick but I don't mind. Men can be such babies when they get a small cold. I wrote about it recently too. Let me know what you think.