Wednesday, January 28, 2009

On exes

From Shannon Wheeler, Portland-based creator of Too Much Coffee Man (please buy his book):

"My ex was over the other day and we were chatting about our cats.

My cat was being her usual friendly self. She noticed how grey my cat had become and she said 'at least she's friendly'. She went on to tell me how her cat is psycho. It goes from friendly to psycho-killer without warning. She said it just isn't worth the risk petting her. It surprised me that that she could tell me all this seemingly without irony."

Me, I'm just relieved that I finally deleted the little "People you may know!" box on myspace enough times that my ex no longer pops up, trying to be my "friend." Also, can't his new girlfriend take a new profile picture of him?

1 comment:

Luck be a lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.